Saturday, May 5, 2012

Inspiration[s]. Sort of.


Tell me about it. I've been spewing words for weeks now. And I'm as surprised as you are. But amused nonetheless. So who could have caused this? Some list.

  1. Someone of all trades. A master of one. Or two. Oh, alright, a few. Fine, several. It was good while it lasted. Sweet escapes. Quite civil given half the chance, no longer chummy. Questions. Kaput.
  2. Epic: One of the most amazingly talented people I know. A mean combination of prose, poetry and photography. May wield more, I'm afraid to admit. Or maybe I have, i.e., reason for unsound sleep, flying.
  3. Silent. Fleeting. Most likely. But then we'll never know for now. Feathers all around still.
  4. Smiles that make me forget how dark the world can be. Sweeping. Primal and unadulterated conversations that could go on for days. Progress report: Nil.
  5. Constant like change. 
  6. Some kind of wonderful.

It should not come as a surprise that all of them are women.
Men, you ought to shape up. But I couldn't care less. Har dee har har.
Save for 5, I'm currently keeping a safe distance for my own good. And theirs.

Haiku-happy for days now. There are words but they speak too much of the truth. Only a haiku because the poems must get shorter in the attempt to not risk anymore of what's left (if there are any). Oh no.

Lose yourself in art ---
in poetry surrender
in song abandon.

and because the heart has indeed grown fonder but has learned its lesson and will opt for silence:

Windblown refugees
wandering with empty hearts
mistaken for stars.


See what I mean?


2 comments:

  1. When something is so beautifully written expect a secret hidden behind the intricate latice work; wanting to be discover yet shy for the light. Continue to weave beautiful maiden by the pool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, secrets, selfish little critters. But they make what's ours, ours. You have a way with words yourself, Anonymous. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Say something! And you don't even have to rhyme or wax poetic.