Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Driftwood and daffodils


Into the wind, down the stream,
LIFE...
lightly and utterly will soon become with infinite care
the story I will write.

---
With apologies to e.e. cummings. And because my life's soundtrack is fast becoming a compendium of human clamor, drowning the seemingly clear goal I had drawn out for myself when I was young enough to believe that the world, ultimately life, is what you make it no matter the circumstances. Relatively young and no longer prone to believing too much, we are but reactors to predetermined fate. The choices we make are not really ours.

---
Some pretty depressing shit, huh? Ok, 2013, we need to talk.

---
Oh, and the weird thing is, I really can't think of a place I'd rather be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something! And you don't even have to rhyme or wax poetic.