Friday, January 18, 2013

Reading rampage

Been on a reading rampage the past several weeks. Just finished ---

I am the Messenger (Zusak)
The Unbearable Lightness of Being (Kundera)
Divergent (Roth)
Insurgent (Roth)
The Perks of being a Wallflower (Chbosky)
The Power of Six

Currently reading Screwtape Proposes a Toast and other pieces by C.S. Lewis. Many a silent chuckle I have let loose during shuttle rides to and fro work. My old, ratty copy seems shiny and new, and the bookworm in me is enormously glad I packed it along with several favorites coming here from Iloilo some seven years ago.

Birthday's coming up and while I'm looking forward to V's advanced birthday gift (Baguio, baby!), I wouldn't mind receiving some if not most of what's listed here. Oh, shameless, I know!

The Constant Heart (Nova)
The Man Without a Country (Vonnegut)
Breathing the Water (Levertov)
No One Belongs Here More Than You (July)
Daughters of the North/The Carhullan Army (Hall)
Gone Girl (Flynn)
The Edible Woman (Atwood)

I've a thing for the smell of books. Almost a turn-on, yeah. Also, love highlighting some of my favorite passages. Thus, a real, live book is a must. Hear! Hear!

Ending note/life lately:

Will jump into the unknown in a month's time. Wondering what awaits me. Hell, not sure of anything except this one thing --- it's been real but I'd like my life back, thank you.

Fingers crossed and knocking on all pieces of wood I can, this is going to be the best birthday gift I'm going to give myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something! And you don't even have to rhyme or wax poetic.