Monday, February 20, 2012

Commercial Break

It's 4:15 p.m. in my part of the world and aside from the occassional trips to the ladies room, I have been chained to my desk for most of the day. Safe to say, this bondage will continue on until close of business this rainy Monday. Ok, I refuse to wave the proverbial white flag today at work, kahit pa pagod na pagod na ang mga mata ko sa pag-eedit at parang walang bukas ang pagdating ng trabaho. Why not, you ask? There are words that keep me going. These words are welcome distractions, beautifully written, so much so that they temporarily take my mind away from all the technical writing I am paid to read and edit. Oh, I am not complaining about work but I'm human and I get tired. I'm going to let you in on a little secret -- I actually like editing technical documents. I learn a lot and I feel it's valuable knowledge.

Aside from these words, there is another reason for my renewed vigor in work and life. Early this year, I made a few resolutions to myself. Now, I don't normally go about making resolutions. For the longest time, I've cruised through life taking it all in, riding the waves and leaving the shore when I feel like it, only to come back when and as necessary. But this year, dahil tao lamang, I got tired. Bulag sa maling akala, I thought I could go on loving and loving and loving. Haha! Wala pa lang Energizer Bunny for love. I fell in love for the first time. And yes, it was beautiful. Yet, like most things in life, it, too, had to end.

When it ended, (for good, mind you) I made some resolutions I am hell bent on seeing through. One of these resolutions is to awaken a renewed enthusiasm for work. Ambisyosa ako and I want another promotion yun lang. Anyway, back to regular programming and I have about less than a hundred pages to go. Yes, that's how long these documents can be. Sometimes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something! And you don't even have to rhyme or wax poetic.