Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hello and Goodbye

What other words, we may almost ask, are memorable and worthy to be repeated than those which love has inspired? It is wonderful that they were ever uttered. They are few and rare indeed, but, like a strain of music, they are incessantly repeated and modulated by memory.

Henry David Thoreau
"A Week in the Concorde and Merrimack Rivers, 1849"

We welcome the month of love, and my birthday month, with goodbyes and hellos. I say goodbye to my old blog and say hello to this new one -- Coffee & Stilettos. This blog is named after two of my most favorite things in the world: a frothy cup of caffeine wonder and footwear that make my legs look a mile long. The former gets me through a hectic work day while the latter allows me to face one hectic work day after another with awesomeness. A girl can't have one too many shoes and stilettos, my dears, are a girl's bestfriend.

I had deleted my old blog along with all the photos and words I've written. Whether written in a spur of inspiration, a blast of boredom or in a fit of rage, there is no denying the meaning behind all those posts. It was with a heavy heart that I had to delete my blog but I felt it was for the best and I was glad to do it. In life, one must prioritize and there are things that take precedence over others. I will expound on this in another post someday. For now, we stay silent and wait.

But the waiting will not last forever. After all, our words and stories will one day need to be told. And I can't wait to tell this particular story. Oh, the unfairness of it all!

So, for now, it's "Ola, Coffee & Stilettos!" I am positive that we will have a spankin' good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something! And you don't even have to rhyme or wax poetic.