Saturday, February 11, 2012

Forgotten November

I remember a different kind of rain one November morning. 
Pouring. It was the rain inside unrelentingly pouring; 
Unshed tears flooding my being. 


Raggedy Anne by Tata, 2010


Amazing what resolve can do to a person.

At the start of the new year I resolved to be happier
more spontaneous
more outgoing
more appreciative
and less wary of people.

I was bullied as a young girl and since then
I began constructing walls around me
and I waited
I waited for that one person who cared
Cared enough to break them down.

When that didn't turn out quite the way I expected
I was devastated
I cried
And cried some more
But yes, tears run dry

Nonetheless, it was necessary I let them be
I let them pour until I could cry no more
You see somewhere I read
Tears are essential to make the eyes see clearly
And see clearly I did

Resolve paid off more than I could ever imagine
I have come to meet new friends
Fabulously, wonderful people
Who give so much
And for that, Maraming Salamat.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something! And you don't even have to rhyme or wax poetic.