Saturday, April 14, 2012

Thing, Interrupted


Will I forget?

When I close my eyes I conjure an image of you, striding, looking around, grabbing your phone, furiously punching…. Hello? Hey! I can see you… you stepping through the door, me rushing to meet you, hands shaken, awkwardness forgotten. When I open my eyes you linger like a phantom, your voice, your laughter, your touch… Oh my, how you touched me… I can feel them in the air all around me, in the cadence of my breath, in the rise and fall of my chest, heaving, believing, hoping the ocean non-existent, personal idiosyncrasies notwithstanding.

If I close my eyes will you be there? More real, more concrete, more than my imaginings, more than words, than conversations, images, poems, notes, musings, romantic somethings. If I open my eyes will you disappear? Your memory, your feel, your sound, your laughter, your voice, your eyes, your hair, your touch buried in my everyday nothings, my reality, my noise, my attempt at nonchalance, masking, distracting, forgetting. But will I?

Will I forget?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something! And you don't even have to rhyme or wax poetic.