Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What a day!

See that poem below? I know it's long and I know, I know, I could have just taken a verse or two but that poem sort of anchored me today that the words almost resonate with me, and I just had to pay homage and quote the poet in entirety. That's my way of saying, "Thanks for being my ray of sunshine in this otherwise bleak day."

This day was something else. Really. But it made me realize a few things:
  1. I should have gone cold turkey on you. Not going into details because I'm starting --- right about now. 
  2. I miss dancing. A lot. Zumba was a blast! And I'm happy to note I didn't flail around like a fish out of the water. Everybody was nice and welcoming, urging me to come back next week. I feel pretty darn good and it sure lifted my mood immensely. Now, who wants a lap dance?
  3. I miss my family. Today is my maternal grandmother's 81st birthday. Eight-one mighty years! I made her a short poem in Filipino and she was delighted which made me a little teary-eyed just because she was so appreciative. She mentioned NVM would be proud and that made my heart skip a beat. But who can beat you, Lolo Itong? We simple folk can only try. But I do know of one who's got the chops.
I thought this was going to be a super mega nega post but I was happily mistaken. So am I ready for tomorrow? Yup, you betcha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something! And you don't even have to rhyme or wax poetic.