Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ako na ang sappy

Faithfully
Journey

Highway run into the midnight sun
Wheels go round and round
You're on my mind
Restless hearts sleep alone tonight
Sending all my love along the wire
They say that the road ain't the place to start a family
Right down the line it's been you and me
And loving a music (wo)man ain't always what it's supposed to be

Girl
You stand by me
I'm forever yours
Faithfully

Circus life under the big top world
We all need the clowns to make us laugh
Through space and time
Always another show
Wondering where I am, lost without you
And being apart ain't easy on this love affair
Two strangers learn to love again
I get the joy of rediscovering you

Oh, girl
You stand by me
I'm forever yours
Faithfully

I'm still yours
I'm forever yours
Ever yours
Faithfully



I don't know what is it with this song. It gets me every time. And I mean every time! Yeah, sappy as sappy gets. That's yours truly. Sometimes you have to wonder at how some people are so lucky in the love department. Those who end up with their first loves? Or those who need not look? Need not say goodbye? Those who know? Haha. I can only hope. This is one area where you have to be absolute. To not expect, not even wish. Instead, just hope. Anyhoo, I'm supposed to be working on an editing task. But here I am, getting emotional over music (read: procrastinating).

I will be packing in a bit. Flying off a thousand miles away to get gloriously lost in lalaland. I'm a little apprehensive and excited at the same time. There's been talk for a year now about just packing a bag, booking a ticket, getting lost with my thoughts for a while, preferably in a some beach and have nothing to show for but sunburn. Never happened. I got lost in life instead.

I know I could have just forgotten about this trip, re-booked it or something, but hey, what have I got to lose? I'm sure it's going to be interesting and to quote Cecil, "You deserve this, Ta. You need to get away, disappear. And what better place than somewhere you haven't been before?" So true, Chechelia. It would be nice to get away from Makati for a little bit what with its many memories biting my less-than-luscious behind. There will be no forgetting but to forget for a while? Now, that's bliss.

I will deal with the memories (realities?) when I get back. Like I always do. Deal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something! And you don't even have to rhyme or wax poetic.