Thursday, March 29, 2012

One sweet day

A letter to my future partner. Hey, a girl can't help but dream! :)

~ ~ ~

Palangga,

Wouldn't it be nice to one day walk down the aisle with you? What will you wear, my love? A tux, perhaps? Unbuttoned strategically to drive me crazy? Or maybe a dress? Regardless, you will look absolutely divine. And I will be so proud to have this breathtaking beauty to call mine. I think I will wear one of those vintage lace boudoir gowns in champagne. You know how I love everything vintage. I will let my hair down and walk barefoot towards you as you wait for me by the altar. Maybe a tear or two will fall down my cheek and I will walk ever so slowly, savoring every step to forever with you, my love. 

Or maybe it will be you walking towards me? I don't think I will be able to stand there and wait for you. I will most likely run down the aisle and grab you to make it quick. But then that would ruin the solemnity of the ceremony, wouldn't it. Alright, I will behave, my love. I've waited for a long time, what more a few minutes?

Do you imagine the beach? At sunset? The sand between our toes as we dance the night away with the people we love and who, by the grace of some overwhelming power, accept us wholeheartedly. Or maybe, if we've saved enough, we can jet off to Canada or Las Vegas and make a weekend out of it. A weekend we will never forget, worth reliving until we reach the dusk of old age. It will be filled with lots of laughs, loving anecdotes, music and poetry. 

And wine! Cheers, my love! Are you with me as we get drunk without respite? Let's drink to us and to a lifetime of love, sometimes hate, challenges we will overcome together, a small bout of financial instability, career changes, sickness, movie dates, trips to the bookstore, horror movie dates, arguments on who's going to do the ironing, candlelit dinners with me as the wannabe chef, midnight snacks of ice cream and coffee, cuddles in bed, and more cuddles everyday and night of the week. We will drink to a myriad of other things that make us both so awesome together. 

And as the night draws to a close I will rest my head on your shoulders and bask in the safety you bring. We will sway to the sweetest music and whisper romantic nothings, and exclaim, Can you believe we're married!?! We are, aren't we!?!

Believe it, my sweet. I will go down this path with you, Palangga. I will take your hand and never let go. It will be quite a ride and to hell with those who think otherwise. Count on it, my love.

Forever,

T

========================================================================

This seems all so moot now. Moot and pathetic. I am so disappointed with myself this godforsaken Monday and re-reading this entry just gave me the chills (of not the good kind). I am entitled to a bad day, aren't I? Well, today it is.  


Updated: 2 April 2012; 7:53 p.m. 


========================================================================


I feel better now. I guess I just needed to recognize how crappy I was feeling yesterday and go on, moving forward. 


Future partner, I still mean every word. :-)


Updated: 3 April 2012; 10:39 a.m.

2 comments:

Say something! And you don't even have to rhyme or wax poetic.