Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Gloriously Lost Girl

So I'm waiting for boarding and couldn't resist a quickie post. This is my first time out of the country alone. And I love it. I've always valued my alone time and while this trip was initially planned under different circumstances, it's turning out to be quite interesting and I'm sipping my coffee with bated breaths, eagerly anticipating what adventure or misadventure awaits me.

Needless to say (This is an editorial bane; why say it if it need not be said? But on this trip, I'm no editor or writer. I'm just going to be "me" stripped off of every facet/mask or what have you I put on every single day.), this trip is just what I need.

For almost a year now, I've toyed with the idea of escaping. Jetting off somewhere I haven't been before and get in touch with me, raw. It never happened. And then something unexpectedly sweet occurred which gave way to this. This flying off to get "gloriously lost." I love this phrase -- gloriously lost. It speaks of utter abandon, complete craziness, sweet surrender to the moment and just being. I'm thinking of making this an annual thing. To book a ticket and get lost. I reckon this will be good for my soul and my over-thinking, over-analyzing mind.

So, THANK YOU.
You know who you are.
You.

Love, kisses and bulletproof marshmallows,

The Gloriously Lost Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something! And you don't even have to rhyme or wax poetic.