Sunday, March 25, 2012

Back to reality

I'm leaving lalaland tonight and my departure is tinged with sadness. I loved my time here. I loved going around, getting lost and confused in the trains, taking photo after photo of sights that intrigue me, sampling food and drinks I've picked up from my chats with her, and basically the most tourist-y things. I enjoyed them all, immensely.

But just now, as I'm having coffee and waiting for the time when I'd have to take flight back to Manila, a huge whiff of sadness this way came. I'm blinking back the threat of a tear, and perhaps, I am refusing the thought of goodbye to this place that gave me so much freedom. For three days, I thought of nothing and I answered to no one, and the feeling was ultimately satisfying. I felt like I was here but not really, my feet barely touching ground, hovering just above my reality. Our reality.

I hope to be back. This time with check-in luggage so I can buy all the books and all the flowy dresses I've been lusting on. (It's nice to find amusement in deeply bittersweet things, ano?)

The Gloriously Lost Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something! And you don't even have to rhyme or wax poetic.